Twitter News Twitter 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North WhatsApp Council assess how much money will be available for roads damaged by weather Pinterest Google+ Facebook Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Previous articleBloody Sunday families want Saville report dateNext articleSixth man arrested in Donegal, as three appear in court News Highland Pinterest Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry WhatsApp Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Donegal County Council’s Roads Department is assessing the money it’s received for the regional road network to determine how much money will be available for emergency road repairs after the recent wintry weather.Roads Director John Mc Laughlin says there’s more scope for the council to transfer funds from one project to another and ensure that the most important repair jobs are done.However, he says rather than provide the council with extra money, the government is giving the authority more flexibility.[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/24roads.mp3[/podcast] By News Highland – February 24, 2010 Google+ 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire
Seeking to recover costs resulting from Vermont Yankee cooling tower failures in 2007 and 2008, the state’s two largest distribution utilities have filed a lawsuit against Entergy-Vermont Yankee (Entergy) in Vermont Superior Court in Windham County.”This case arises out of Entergy’s breach of its contractual obligation to use ‘Good Utility Practice’ in its management and operation of the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Station,” Central Vermont Public Service and Green Mountain Power said in a joint statement today. “Entergy’s failure to implement and exercise sound practices with respect to the maintenance, repair and improvements of the facility’s cooling towers caused tower failures in August 2007 and July 2008. The failures resulted in significantly reduced power output, which in turn deprived us of power due to us and our customers at specified, below-market prices.”In the first instance, a tower failure on Aug. 21, 2007 caused the plant to reduce output by 65 percent for 11 days. A subsequent Nuclear Regulatory Commission investigation blamed the failure on over-tightened bolts and salt and fungal degradation that went undetected by Entergy. The NRC found the failure to find the problem was the result of Entergy’s reliance on “remote” inspections, rather than direct, hands-on inspections.”In failing to carry out hands-on inspections, Entergy failed to take into account considerable and relevant industry operating experience that had previously identified the importance of that kind of direct examination,” CVPS and GMP said. “That led directly to the first tower failure.”In the second tower failure in July 2008, the plant reduced output for 12 days. This failure was caused by failed pipe supports within the tower. In both cases, CVPS and GMP contend that Entergy’s failure to use “Good Utility Practice” led directly to the failures.”The failures and omissions of Entergy in managing and operating Vermont Yankee led directly to both tower failures,” the companies said. “This was a clear breach of Entergy’s obligations under its power purchase agreement with CVPS and GMP.”The companies are seeking compensatory damages of $6.6 million to cover increased power costs and lost capacity payments resulting from the tower failures, plus interest and all legal costs.”We filed this action only after lengthy efforts to reach a settlement with Entergy,” the companies said. “Due to the statute of limitations and Entergy’s failure to accept responsibility for its failures and contract breaches, we reluctantly must take this action now.”The companies have requested a trial by jury.In response, Larry Smith, Manager of Communications at Entergy Nuclear Vermont Yankee, said the company had no comment, as it is pending litigation.COLCHESTER, VT–(Marketwire – January 10, 2012) –
LocalNews ALBA to guarantee food security in the Caribbean by: – February 14, 2011 by Emmanuel H. JosephGovernment Information Service Hon. Prime Minister Rosevelt SkerritDominica’s Prime Minister, Hon. Roosevelt Skerrit has returned home following a special ALBA meeting in Venezuela, February 3-4, 2009. At that meeting, leaders signed on to two important agreements on food security, pledging to contribute a total of $49 million US dollars (USD$49 000 000.00) to boost food production in the Caribbean.The initial investment is to be drawn from the $100 million US dollars (USD$100 000 000.00) food security fund that ALBA member nations created during the height of the world food crisis last in April of 2008. The Prime Minister explained, in an interview with the Government Information Service, that Dominica stands to benefit from the agreement and is already in the process of putting the necessary machinery in place to derive the benefits.“Dominica expects to benefit from the forty-nine million US dollars (USD$49 000 000.00) that was placed in a special account when the agreement was signed. It is our intention to submit projects for consideration by the ALBA grouping to have projects implemented in Dominica. It could be projects between Dominica and Venezuela or Dominica and Cuba in Dominica itself. It is a matter of the Ministry of Agriculture, and we have already started the process to look at the various projects and programmes for food production, food security which we would like to implement under this food agreement.”Prime Minister Skerrit explained why he believes that the agreement is an important one for Dominica.“It is a very important agreement because agriculture still remains an important pillar in our economic development. Therefore, whatever investment we can get to improve on the technology, to improve on production and by so doing, reduce on our food import bill allowing us to have more of our money remain in our country for the benefit of our people, certainly, that can spur activity in many other areas. Of course, that would also increase our exports of fresh agricultural produce to neighbouring countries and beyond.”As an investment plan, the ALBA Nations signed agreements to form mixed enterprises that will promote technological cooperation and training, invest in rural infrastructure, and integrate regional food distribution. Member nations also decided to place the food security fund under the management of the ALBA bank. Share Share Sharing is caring! Share Tweet 73 Views no discussions
And the Eagles’ boss feels his club can provide a platform for Zaha to continue his development – whereas other promising talent is being wasted on the benches of top Premier League sides. “I’m not sure about that option,” Pardew said when asked if he could make Zaha’s move permanent this month. “What I do know is that he’s a player that needs to get his career on the move again. He’s had a decent couple of games, made an impact and he needs to build on that. I think that is where he’s at. He’s a talent that needs to nail down a permanent position here, whether he’s on loan or permanent but I’ve been very pleased with what I have seen.” Zaha’s only goal since rejoining Palace came as a last-gasp equaliser in a 3-3 draw against a Newcastle side managed at the time by Pardew. And the former Magpies boss has challenged Zaha to show that sort of form once again and add to his two England caps. “He has certainly got the ability,” Pardew added. “I have worked with players who have fantastic technical ability for the Premier League but have only ever played in League One. “All the attributes, you need to have the power, strength, the mental and technical quality to become a Premier League player. Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew believes on-loan winger Wilfried Zaha is “lucky” that the club are giving him the chance to shine in the Barclays Premier League. The England international is currently halfway through a season-long loan at Selhurst Park having struggled to break through at parent club Manchester United. The 22-year-old made a name for himself as a teenager at Palace and has started to show his form since Pardew was installed as boss of the south London club. “Wilfried has got a lot going for him and he has the potential to have an impact on the international stage at some point. I think the opportunities at Manchester United have been limited and that has been a problem. “That has been a problem particularly at the top four or five clubs – Wilf is one of the lucky ones in that he has a platform on which he can play.” Pardew, who returns to former club Southampton for an FA Cup fourth-round clash on Saturday, has given a similar platform to Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo after bringing the French forward in until the end of the season. He has also been linked with a move for Blackburn’s Rudy Gestede but refused to comment on any potential deal – although he did admit enquiries for fresh faces have been made. “Not that I’m aware of,” he said when asked about an approach for Gestede. “I think we’ve enquired on about three, four or five different players and whether they’re available – that’s really where we’re at. “The chairman is pursuing some lines of enquiry in the right manner, in the way it should be conducted. Unfortunately not in front of the press! “I’m not going to talk about other players at other clubs. I don’t think that’s fair.” Press Association
Ex-Black Stars and Fulham defender, John Paintsil has disclosed that depression accounted for his many own goals during his stay at the Craven Cottage.The 38-year-old joined Fulham from West Ham United and soon cemented his place under Roy Hodgson in his first season.However, after two seasons and a change of manager, Paintsil’s form took a nose-dive as he started scoring a number of own goals.According to him, he felt left out as his new manager, Mark Hughes failed to give him the needed assurance pertaining to his contract.Speaking to Kasapa FM, John Paintsil said he felt depressed during his last stint at the Craven Cottage forcing him into premature retirement. “When I joined Fulham in 2008 I was supposed to seal a four-year permanent deal with them but unfortunately for me, Roy Hodgson who brought me to the club left immediately after the 2010 world cup and I had to lift up my game to catch the eye and attention of the new manager Mark Hughes.““I remember my first day at training after the World Cup I confronted Mark Hughes about my contract and to find out whether he had plans for me but he told me to give him two weeks to make a decision many days and months past but he was still procrastinating and this was causing me severe despondency and dejection.”“In fact, I lost my mental strength and I began to score own goals. In one of those moments I scored four own goals in a month and this is unusual of me and this even got me thinking about retiring from the game. I believe I retired prematurely from football because of what I experienced at Fulham under Mark Hughes.”Painstil left Fulham in 2011 for Leicester City where he played for aseason before leaving England to play in Israel.
On Wednesday, the matches of quarter finals of the football club of Bosnia Herzegovina will take place.On Otoka at 14:30, Olimpic and Široki Brijeg (first encounter 0:2).An hour later Velež – Čelik (0:0) and Zrinjski – Mladost (1:0).At 19:00 o’clock Sarajevo and Željezničar derby (1:1).The pairs for the half finals will be known on Thursday.(Source: Fena)